So far the show empire has succeeded in getting me interested in the story; however my issue is this:
The main character Lucios Lyons has an issue with his gay son.
Mind you , the character is played by Terence Howard rocking a relaxer most of the time while having a hard time convincing us of his “gangster” in spite of cold-heartedly shooting his friend in the face with gun that could fit in your “special space” if you are a female.
I could point out the irony in the father rocking a relaxer having an issue with a gay son; but I will not.
Actually, I think I just did.
I will go ahead and point out how his “survival efforts” place him in the realm of being a “female” (in the negative typical aspect).
- He met his friend who (watched out for him) and shot him in the face; while acting as if he knew nothing about the situation.
- He turned on his true ride or die chick who had his kids.
- He used the money his ride or die chick made and went to jail for to create his empire.
- He snubbed his wife’s sacrifice by divorcing her and using her money while cutting her out and making sue she had no place when she came home.
- He killed her closest cousin
So, although tonight the main character stated he did not raise a “female”; he certainly proved he was one himself.
The single mother on the show appears to have a number of forces fighting against how she wanted her children to turn out. Sadly the father of her children is the largest force against her.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Originally posted. February 23, 2015