On January 14th 2013, a 5 year old girl was taken from her school.
Was she playing in the school yard and snatched away? No..
Did someone sneak into the back door and take her from the bathroom? No…
An unauthorized person walked right into the little girl’s school, signed a visitor log, walked to her classroom and took her out of her school.
The child was taken out of her school at 9 am, an Ambert alert was not issued until about 6pm that evening. The following morning that child was found and she will never be the same. The media is using the term “brutally assaulted”; so I will leave it at that.
Sad thing is, they have not found the people who took her.
The woman being sought has been described as a dark-skinned black woman in her late 20s, standing 5′ 5″ to 5′ 8″ tall, with a thin build and possibly pregnant. Police say she told the child her name was Rashida.
The man being sought is described as a light-skinned, possibly white, man in his mid-thirties with short brown hair. The girl told police he was wearing sweat pants and a blue long-sleeved t-shirt.
Currently the reward for the capture of the people who hurt this girl beyond repair stands at $80,000..but there are questions I have.
- Why was it so easy to pick her up? (you can read more on the case and the Philadelphia School District’s response here)
- Did her father really need 5 girlfriends?
- Are we absolutely sure one of those 5 girlfriends had nothing to do with it?
- What could someone do to make someone target this child and damage her so badly, just to what it appears pay them back or send a message?
- Why is it so hard for folks to come forward?
Hopefully someone comes forward:
Anyone with information is asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), send a text message to PPD TIP (773847) or send a tip through phillypolice.com.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!
Originally posted. February 1, 2013